Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The month of May

Another month has come and gone and as per usual, I can't believe how time flies. We've been busy every weekend checking things off of our to do lists- one by one, day by day. I finally feel like we're almost there with only a few minor hiccups along the way. Two weeks ago we had a windstorm that left us this:


We were so lucky it didn't hurt anything but grass, although it did take an entire weekend to get it cleaned up. Which of course led to this:

This completely unacceptable joke of a woodpile had to be fixed. Now it looks like this:
The mess is now more organized and more importantly out of sight. Thank goodness. And this last weekend we transformed the too cool matte gray walls into a much warmer "golden tan."

Before

Photobomb!

Goofing as usual : ) 

Kendra always the helper

After

Dining Room- pre-recluttering

Somewhere in there we celebrated Mother's Day, mailed out our wedding invitations and harvested our first vegetables from our garden.


I'm running on empty right now- but I have a goal in sight and I just gotta keep on going. Lily and I were at Barnes and Noble the other day picking out a friend's birthday gift. She found me the perfect book (with no help from me, by the way) called "Meditations for Moms Who Do Too Much." When your seven year old knows you've got more on your plate than you can possibly handle I guess it is time to take a step back, right? So, I am getting away for a couple days soon to relax and restore- then the final push for the wedding which is 1 month and 3 weeks away from happening. I can do this ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment